11 February 2008

More Rentals, and West End Pt. 2

Just rented:

A Night At The Opera (#85, 1935)
Dr. Strangelove (#39, 1964)
On The Waterfront (#19, 1954)
A Streetcar Named Desire (#47, 1951)
Vertigo (#9, 1958)

I have plans to watch Yankee Doodle Dandy tonight, and I still have Ben Hur here, as well, so it'll be a busy week.

Also, took inventory of most of the AFI list at the West End BB, and found that they had at least 40 more (that is, apart from the ones I've just rented) of the movies on the list that I've yet to see. That's great news, as it means I'll be able to finish at least the 50 I'm trying to see, and perhaps the whole darn list.

Update: Watched Yankee Doodle Dandy. Was hilarious to see James Cagney try to pull off the part of a song-and-dance man. E and I were laughing a bunch at his spoken-word style of "singing." Watched A Night At the Opera tonight, too.

Update: ...and I've decided to return Ben Hur, unwatched. I just don't care enough about movie #100 to watch over 3 hours worth of it. Y'know?

No comments: