31 January 2008

Can this work? Can I pull this off?

As I said in my original post to this blog, I'm a compulsive goal-setter, and only sometime goal achiever. A few weeks after I posted that blog, my church small group had a discussion about the New Years Resolution phenomenon, and several of us chimed in on whether or not we'd ever kept a resolution. I have. To my memory, I have kept only one, and it was an unhealthy resolution that I kept in a not-quite-as-unhealthy manner. Nonetheless, I was happy to be among those who had kept one. It gave me hope, you see.

One thing that's making this list go by is that some of my friends are spurring me on, watching this list, reminding me when I have an opportunity to knock one or more of these goals. So far, it's been great, very encouraging, and I'm hopeful, if not entirely confident that I'll complete the whole list. The multi-tiered ones are particularly daunting, but I'm at least determined. We'll see how that all goes.

And hey, if you're inclined to want to participate in one of the tasks listed here, and are looking for someone to come along, well, I'm clearly your guy. Give a shout.

No comments: